Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 1:27 pm
ESPN: Trevor Bauer a Diamondbacks trade candidate
However, Upton may not be the only high-profile D-back to be up for grabs.
According to former MLB GM and current ESPN MLB analyst Jim Bowden, in an ESPN Insider piece, pitcher Trevor Bauer may very well be available.
Reason: There are some uniformed personnel in Arizona who don't believe that Bauer will ever have the command and control in the zone to live up to his potential, while others are frustrated by his stubborn nature. If the D-backs have an opportunity to trade him for a long-term solution at shortstop or third base, they're sure to listen.
Possible trade partners: Indians, Rangers, Nationals
The team's frustration with Bauer is well-documented, though many think it's just a matter of time before he matures and becomes an effective Major League pitcher.
The 21-year-old started four games for the D-backs in 2012, compiling a 1-2 record to go along with a 6.06 ERA. He struggled mightily with his command, though was good enough in the minors to be named the team's Minor League Pitcher of the Year.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.