Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 1:27 pm
ESPN: Trevor Bauer a Diamondbacks trade candidate
However, Upton may not be the only high-profile D-back to be up for grabs.
According to former MLB GM and current ESPN MLB analyst Jim Bowden, in an ESPN Insider piece, pitcher Trevor Bauer may very well be available.
Reason: There are some uniformed personnel in Arizona who don't believe that Bauer will ever have the command and control in the zone to live up to his potential, while others are frustrated by his stubborn nature. If the D-backs have an opportunity to trade him for a long-term solution at shortstop or third base, they're sure to listen.
Possible trade partners: Indians, Rangers, Nationals
The team's frustration with Bauer is well-documented, though many think it's just a matter of time before he matures and becomes an effective Major League pitcher.
The 21-year-old started four games for the D-backs in 2012, compiling a 1-2 record to go along with a 6.06 ERA. He struggled mightily with his command, though was good enough in the minors to be named the team's Minor League Pitcher of the Year.
- Report: Daniel Hudson signs minor league deal with Arizona Diamodnbacks
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.