ESPN: Trevor Bauer a Diamondbacks trade candidate
However, Upton may not be the only high-profile D-back to be up for grabs.
According to former MLB GM and current ESPN MLB analyst Jim Bowden, in an ESPN Insider piece, pitcher Trevor Bauer may very well be available.
Reason: There are some uniformed personnel in Arizona who don't believe that Bauer will ever have the command and control in the zone to live up to his potential, while others are frustrated by his stubborn nature. If the D-backs have an opportunity to trade him for a long-term solution at shortstop or third base, they're sure to listen.
Possible trade partners: Indians, Rangers, Nationals
The team's frustration with Bauer is well-documented, though many think it's just a matter of time before he matures and becomes an effective Major League pitcher.
The 21-year-old started four games for the D-backs in 2012, compiling a 1-2 record to go along with a 6.06 ERA. He struggled mightily with his command, though was good enough in the minors to be named the team's Minor League Pitcher of the Year.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer