Updated Dec 5, 2012 - 12:31 pm
Diamondbacks sign Yankees third baseman Eric Chavez
Chavez to Diamondbacks for $3 million on a one year deal. Expected to platoon with Johnson at third.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) December 5, 2012
Chavez, 34, was with the New York Yankees last season and hit .281 with 16 home runs and 37 RBI in 278 at bats. He bats left-handed, which makes him a good compliment to the right-handed Johnson.
Chavez began his career with the Oakland A's, where he became one of the game's better third baseman. He's a career .267 hitter with 248 home runs and 850 RBI.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.