Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 3:58 pm
D-backs agree to terms with free agent pitcher Brandon McCarthy
Diamondbacks have agreed to a deal with 29-year old free agent right handed pitcher Brandon McCarthy pending a physical— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) December 7, 2012
McCarthy went 8-6 with a 3.24 ERA in 18 starts for the Oakland Athletics in 2012. The 6-foot-7 right-hander had his season cut short when he was struck in the head by a line drive off the bat of Los Angeles Angels infielder Erick Aybar. Oakland had termed the injury "life-threatening" immediately following, but the veteran was medically cleared to return to baseball last month.
In his seven-year career, McCarthy has posted a 37-39 record in 153 games (99 starts) with a 4.02 ERA. He was Oakland's opening day starter in 2012.
According to Nick Piecoro of AZCentral, the deal is worth $15.5 million over two years.
- Dose of Venom: Nuño denied first NL victory, D-backs bullpen implodes in crushing loss to Pirates
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.