Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 3:46 pm
Gambo: D-backs never close to trading Upton to Texas
Over the last few days, the most prominent and frequent rumors have had the Texas Rangers strongly pursuing Upton. Friday morning, MLB Network's Peter Gammons went as far to tweet that he witnessed a Rangers official telling an official from the Houston Astros that they had landed Upton.
Not so fast, says Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro on Twitter.
Contrary to reports the Diamondbacks were never close to trading Justin Upton to Texas, that report is 100% false!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) December 7, 2012
Acknowledging the absent punctuation that muddles the meaning, the Diamondbacks were never close to making the deal with Texas.
Gambadoro acknowledged in a phone conversation that Arizona does hold Texas shortstops Elvis Andrus and Jurickson Profar in high regard, but Texas isn't interested in moving either player right now.
- Wade Miley off to a sizzling hot July for Diamondbacks
- Wade Miley, bullpen shutout Giants in D-backs' win: By The Numbers
- Hill, Miley lead Diamondbacks over Giants
- D-backs outfielder Mark Trumbo has quiet night in return, records one hit
- Lincecum, Giants stifle D-backs in series opener: By The Numbers
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Thursday July 10Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider, discusses the latest MLB news and rumors.
- Whatís on your mind? - Thursday July 10Vince Marotta says whatís on his mind.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 10Derrick Hall shares his thoughts on what the D-backs could do before the trade deadline.
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 9D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about the state of the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs manager - Tuesday July 8D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the changes his clubhouse has gone through recently.
- Nick Ahmed, Diamondbacks infielder - Tuesday July 8D-backs infielder Nick Ahmed talks about the changes since being called up.
- Jeff Passan, MLB columnist for Yahoo! Sports - Monday July 7Yahoo! Sports MLB columnist Jeff Passan was surprised the D-backs didnít get more for Brandon McCart