Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 3:46 pm
Gambo: D-backs never close to trading Upton to Texas
Over the last few days, the most prominent and frequent rumors have had the Texas Rangers strongly pursuing Upton. Friday morning, MLB Network's Peter Gammons went as far to tweet that he witnessed a Rangers official telling an official from the Houston Astros that they had landed Upton.
Not so fast, says Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro on Twitter.
Contrary to reports the Diamondbacks were never close to trading Justin Upton to Texas, that report is 100% false!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) December 7, 2012
Acknowledging the absent punctuation that muddles the meaning, the Diamondbacks were never close to making the deal with Texas.
Gambadoro acknowledged in a phone conversation that Arizona does hold Texas shortstops Elvis Andrus and Jurickson Profar in high regard, but Texas isn't interested in moving either player right now.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.