Updated Jan 10, 2013 - 12:25 pm
Chase Field's 'Uptown' sign is coming down
Aptly named 'Uptown', the right field bleachers were a tribute to the player who was supposed to be a perennial All-Star and face of the franchise.
While Upton has shown glimpses of being that guy, his inconsistency has caused some to doubt his future.
And Thursday, Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro reported Chase Field's future will no longer included Uptown.
Uptown signs coming down at Chase! Don't read anything into it, was something agreed to at end of season by both parties...— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) January 10, 2013
It's tough not to read anything into the move, especially with persistent trade rumors surrounding the player. Should the D-backs trade the outfielder they would have to get rid of the section, so this could be a pre-emptive move.
Then again, it's possible this decision has no ties to Upton's future other than the player not wanting his own section in the ballpark.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.