Playmate admits helping boyfriend in US illegally
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - A former Playboy Playmate has admitted helping her Canadian boyfriend after he illegally entered the United States in northern New York last summer.
Syracuse's The Post-Standard newspaper ( http://bit.ly/16esc3V) says Colleen Shannon pleaded guilty in federal court Tuesday to a felony charge and faces a sentence ranging from no jail time to 10 months.
Federal agents say the 35-year-old Los Angeles resident and her boyfriend were arrested after he illegally crossed the border and rendezvoused with her in Fort Covington. Officials say the boyfriend has a criminal record in Canada.
Shannon was the centerfold for Playboy's 50th anniversary edition in 2004. She works as a disc jockey and calls herself the world's sexiest DJ. She declined to comment after the court appearance.
Shannon's boyfriend told authorities he knew his criminal record would bar his U.S. entry. He's jailed and faces deportation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.