Pa. museum's Grace Kelly exhibit set for October
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (AP) - Pennsylvania's James A. Michener Museum is making plans for a royal visit later this year from Monaco's Prince Albert.
Museum Director and chief executive Lisa Tremper Hanover tells The Intelligencer newspaper in Doylestown ( http://bit.ly/XGIRJl) that Prince Albert will visit the museum in the fall ahead in concert with the U.S. debut of an exhibit on his mother, Princess Grace.
The exhibit traces the former Grace Kelly's life from growing up in Philadelphia to starring in films and marrying Prince Rainier III. It opens at the museum on Oct. 31 and runs through Jan. 26, 2014.
Hanover says the exhibit will fill three of the museum's biggest galleries and a companion exhibit will be staged focusing on the Bucks County Playhouse, where Kelly had her stage debut.
Information from: The Intelligencer, http://www.phillyburbs.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.