Pa. museum's Grace Kelly exhibit set for October
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (AP) - Pennsylvania's James A. Michener Museum is making plans for a royal visit later this year from Monaco's Prince Albert.
Museum Director and chief executive Lisa Tremper Hanover tells The Intelligencer newspaper in Doylestown ( http://bit.ly/XGIRJl) that Prince Albert will visit the museum in the fall ahead in concert with the U.S. debut of an exhibit on his mother, Princess Grace.
The exhibit traces the former Grace Kelly's life from growing up in Philadelphia to starring in films and marrying Prince Rainier III. It opens at the museum on Oct. 31 and runs through Jan. 26, 2014.
Hanover says the exhibit will fill three of the museum's biggest galleries and a companion exhibit will be staged focusing on the Bucks County Playhouse, where Kelly had her stage debut.
Information from: The Intelligencer, http://www.phillyburbs.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.