Pa. museum's Grace Kelly exhibit set for October
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (AP) - Pennsylvania's James A. Michener Museum is making plans for a royal visit later this year from Monaco's Prince Albert.
Museum Director and chief executive Lisa Tremper Hanover tells The Intelligencer newspaper in Doylestown ( http://bit.ly/XGIRJl) that Prince Albert will visit the museum in the fall ahead in concert with the U.S. debut of an exhibit on his mother, Princess Grace.
The exhibit traces the former Grace Kelly's life from growing up in Philadelphia to starring in films and marrying Prince Rainier III. It opens at the museum on Oct. 31 and runs through Jan. 26, 2014.
Hanover says the exhibit will fill three of the museum's biggest galleries and a companion exhibit will be staged focusing on the Bucks County Playhouse, where Kelly had her stage debut.
Information from: The Intelligencer, http://www.phillyburbs.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.