Sting's daughter to make her off-Broadway debut
NEW YORK (AP) - Sting's daughter Mickey Sumner has signed up to make her off-Broadway debut in Craig Lucas's new comedy "The Lying Lesson."
The Atlantic Theater Company said Tuesday that Sumner, whose credits also include the new Noah Baumbach film "Frances Ha," will star opposite Carol Kane in the comic thriller.
Kane plays a woman who may or may not be legendary screen star Bette Davis and Sumner will portray a woman who tries to discover her true identity.
Previews begin Feb. 20 with an opening set for March 13. Tony Award-nominated director Pam MacKinnon will replace Anna D. Shapiro as the play's director.
Sumner, whose mother is Trudie Styler, made her New York stage debut in a Culture Project workshop of "The Seagull" and is featured in the Showtime series "The Borgias."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.