MLB insiders: Atlanta Braves hard after Justin Upton
According to ESPN MLB insider Buster Olney the team would like to move either Upton or Jason Kubel by Friday.
And it appears a frontrunner may have emerged for the right fielder's services.
D-Backs talks with the Braves about JUpton have resumed; ATL said to be in hard on this. They're likely the frontrunner, if JUpton is dealt.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) January 23, 2013
The Diamondbacks have been reviewing the Braves' offer for Upton; some folks involved feel like it's a strong offer.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) January 23, 2013
It's unclear what a "strong offer" would entail, though Fox Sports MLB insider has some ideas.
According to Yahoo.com, the Braves package for Upton features top pitching prospect Julio Teheran as the centerpiece.
No matter what, though, it appears something may be done in the next couple of days. And while there may be some upset folks over what the deal might be, at least the drama may finally come to an end.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.