Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Kevin Towers juggling trade rumors, vacation plans
Wednesday, ESPN's Buster Olney tweeted that the Atlanta Braves are hotly pursuing Upton, who would join his older brother B.J. in the Atlanta outfield.
Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports also reported that the Baltimore Orioles are interested in bringing Kubel back to the American League, where he spent the first seven years of his big league career.
Wednesday afternoon, Rosenthal put out another interesting tweet concerning the timetable of when the baseball world could expect a move.
#Diamondbacks GM Towers going on vacation to Africa on Friday. Would prefer to move either Upton or Kubel by then. But it's not a deadline.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 23, 2013
But vacation hasn't been a reason to stop Towers from wheeling and dealing before. According to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Towers inked Jason Kubel to a two-year deal while on vacation.
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Arizona Diamondbacks' GM Kevin Towers on why he traded Tyler Skaggs
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.