Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Kevin Towers juggling trade rumors, vacation plans
Wednesday, ESPN's Buster Olney tweeted that the Atlanta Braves are hotly pursuing Upton, who would join his older brother B.J. in the Atlanta outfield.
Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports also reported that the Baltimore Orioles are interested in bringing Kubel back to the American League, where he spent the first seven years of his big league career.
Wednesday afternoon, Rosenthal put out another interesting tweet concerning the timetable of when the baseball world could expect a move.
#Diamondbacks GM Towers going on vacation to Africa on Friday. Would prefer to move either Upton or Kubel by then. But it's not a deadline.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 23, 2013
But vacation hasn't been a reason to stop Towers from wheeling and dealing before. According to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Towers inked Jason Kubel to a two-year deal while on vacation.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.