Updated Jan 24, 2013 - 10:39 am
D-backs possibly not done dealing
According to USA Today's Bob Nightengale, busy Arizona GM Kevin Towers might not be done yet.
Ahmed is a 22-year-old shortstop the Diamondbacks received in the Atlanta deal. But with Didi Gregorius already in the mix from an early offseason maneuver, he could be considered only trade bait for Arizona.
Porcello has been rumored as a target for the Diamondbacks before. The 24-year-old right-hander has four full seasons of big league experience under his belt. He's gone 48-42 with a 4.55 ERA for the Detroit Tigers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?