Updated Jan 24, 2013 - 11:41 am
Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall tweets about Justin Upton trade
Never one to shy away from issues surrounding the team, D-backs president Derrick Hall took to Twitter to explain to his followers why the move was made.
We are very excited to acquire Prado, a .300 hitting all-star who can play third and is one of the best offensive players in the NL.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
Delgado should compete for a spot in the roatation this spring and we add three other great prospects. We would not have made the deal if we— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
didn't think it made us better now &in the future. We have to try to sign Prado long-term. This is the typ of player we want in our line-up.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
Tough 2 send a popular player in a deal. 4 the same reason, Braves fans are expressing sadness for Martin's departure. Prado a perfect fit.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
This is a deal that all of our scouts & baseball personnel felt strongly about. When Gibby & KT address media, ur Q's will be answered.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
A press conference with manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.