Updated Jan 24, 2013 - 11:41 am
Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall tweets about Justin Upton trade
Never one to shy away from issues surrounding the team, D-backs president Derrick Hall took to Twitter to explain to his followers why the move was made.
We are very excited to acquire Prado, a .300 hitting all-star who can play third and is one of the best offensive players in the NL.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
Delgado should compete for a spot in the roatation this spring and we add three other great prospects. We would not have made the deal if we— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
didn't think it made us better now &in the future. We have to try to sign Prado long-term. This is the typ of player we want in our line-up.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
Tough 2 send a popular player in a deal. 4 the same reason, Braves fans are expressing sadness for Martin's departure. Prado a perfect fit.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
This is a deal that all of our scouts & baseball personnel felt strongly about. When Gibby & KT address media, ur Q's will be answered.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
A press conference with manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.