Updated Jan 24, 2013 - 11:41 am
Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall tweets about Justin Upton trade
Never one to shy away from issues surrounding the team, D-backs president Derrick Hall took to Twitter to explain to his followers why the move was made.
We are very excited to acquire Prado, a .300 hitting all-star who can play third and is one of the best offensive players in the NL.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
Delgado should compete for a spot in the roatation this spring and we add three other great prospects. We would not have made the deal if we— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
didn't think it made us better now &in the future. We have to try to sign Prado long-term. This is the typ of player we want in our line-up.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
Tough 2 send a popular player in a deal. 4 the same reason, Braves fans are expressing sadness for Martin's departure. Prado a perfect fit.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
This is a deal that all of our scouts & baseball personnel felt strongly about. When Gibby & KT address media, ur Q's will be answered.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
A press conference with manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?