Crudup and Hensley to join McKellen, Stewart
NEW YORK (AP) - Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart will get some high-caliber help onstage this fall- Tony Award winners Billy Crudup and Shuler Hensley.
Producers of the upcoming Broadway revivals of Harold Pinter's "No Man's Land" and Samuel Beckett's "Waiting for Godot" said Monday that Crudup and Hensley will join their illustrious colleagues at the Cort Theatre.
Crudup, last on Broadway in "Arcadia," won a Tony for "The Coast of Utopia," while Hensley, who played The Monster in "Young Frankenstein," won a Tony for "Oklahoma!"
Both works by Pinter and Beckett will play in repertoire under the direction of Sean Mathias. Previews begin Oct. 26.
Prior to Broadway, "No Man's Land" will play a brief engagement at Berkeley Rep from Aug. 3-31, with McKellen, Stewart, Crudup and Hensley all aboard.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?