Updated Jan 24, 2013 - 4:13 pm
D-backs 1B Lars Anderson designated for assignment
Diamondbacks Vice President and General Manager Kevin Towers made the announcement via press release Thursday.
With Paul Goldschmidt locked in as the starting first baseman, veteran Eric Chavez's ability to back him up on days off and Prado's versatility, Anderson was the odd man out in the Diamondbacks' latest set of roster moves.
The 25-year-old came to Arizona, along with shortstop Didi Gregorius, last December via a three-team trade that landed starting pitcher Trevor Bauer in Cleveland and outfielder Shin-Soo Choo in Cincinnati.
In 2012 Anderson hit .250 (99-for-396) with 27 doubles, 9 home runs and 59 RBI in 111 games with Triple-A Pawtucket (Red Sox) and Triple-A Columbus (Indians) in 2012. He also appeared in 6 games with Boston, going 1-for-8 (.125).
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 9When is it time to make changes?