3 unpublished Salinger stories appear online
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Three unpublished stories by J.D. Salinger have appeared online.
Scanned versions of "The Ocean Full of Bowling Balls," "Paula" and "Birthday Boy" were uploaded to a file-sharing site this week against the wishes of "The Catcher in the Rye" author.
"The Ocean Full of Bowling Balls" is considered to be a prequel to "The Catcher in the Rye." Salinger said he did not want the story published before 2060.
The three stories were previously only available to read in a few libraries.
Kenneth Slawenski, the author of "J.D. Salinger: A Life," told Buzzfeed.com on Thursday that the online versions appear to true copies of the originals.
After publication of "The Catcher in the Rye" in 1951, Salinger lived reclusively in Cornish, N.H. He died in 2010 at age 91.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.