Sigourney Weaver, David Hyde Pierce Broadway-bound
NEW YORK (AP) - Sigourney Weaver and David Hyde Pierce will reprise their onstage sibling rivalry when they take Christopher Durang's "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" to Broadway.
Producers said Tuesday that the play, which takes characters and themes from Chekhov and sets them in present day Pennsylvania, will make the leap from Lincoln Center's Mitzi E. Newhouse Theater to Broadway's Golden Theatre for 17 weeks starting March 5.
Weaver, whose Broadway credits include "Hurlyburly" in 1984, is working on the USA series "Political Animals." Her notable film credits include "Alien," "Avatar," "Working Girl" and "Ghostbusters."
Four-time Emmy Award-winner Pierce has spent a lot of time on stage since the end of his sitcom "Frasier," including Broadway stints in "Spamalot," "Curtains," "Accent on Youth" and "La Bete."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.