Man detained by Taye Diggs charged with burglary
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A man who was detained by Taye Diggs after the actor found him at his home has pleaded not guilty to a felony burglary charge.
Superior Court spokeswoman Patricia Kelly says Hassan Omar Juma entered the plea Tuesday afternoon and will return to court Feb. 8.
He faces up to six years in prison if convicted.
Diggs detained the 20-year-old after he and his wife said they found him in their garage Sunday night. The "Private Practice" star was returning from the Screen Actors Guild Awards, where he was a presenter.
Juma was charged Tuesday with first-degree felony residential burglary. He's jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Police say Diggs caught Juma after chasing him. Neither man was hurt in the incident.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.