Man detained by Taye Diggs charged with burglary
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A man who was detained by Taye Diggs after the actor found him at his home has pleaded not guilty to a felony burglary charge.
Superior Court spokeswoman Patricia Kelly says Hassan Omar Juma entered the plea Tuesday afternoon and will return to court Feb. 8.
He faces up to six years in prison if convicted.
Diggs detained the 20-year-old after he and his wife said they found him in their garage Sunday night. The "Private Practice" star was returning from the Screen Actors Guild Awards, where he was a presenter.
Juma was charged Tuesday with first-degree felony residential burglary. He's jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Police say Diggs caught Juma after chasing him. Neither man was hurt in the incident.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?