Man detained by Taye Diggs charged with burglary
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A man who was detained by Taye Diggs after the actor found him at his home has pleaded not guilty to a felony burglary charge.
Superior Court spokeswoman Patricia Kelly says Hassan Omar Juma entered the plea Tuesday afternoon and will return to court Feb. 8.
He faces up to six years in prison if convicted.
Diggs detained the 20-year-old after he and his wife said they found him in their garage Sunday night. The "Private Practice" star was returning from the Screen Actors Guild Awards, where he was a presenter.
Juma was charged Tuesday with first-degree felony residential burglary. He's jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Police say Diggs caught Juma after chasing him. Neither man was hurt in the incident.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?