Bail revoked for man who admitted Broadway fraud
CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. (AP) - A judge revoked $3 million bail for a former stockbroker who admitted conning the producers of a failed Broadway production of "Rebecca."
Mark Hotton pleaded guilty in July in separate federal court proceedings in Manhattan and on Long Island.
He admitted scamming Broadway producers of tens of thousands of dollars with promises to raise $4 million to save the ill-fated play. He also pleaded guilty to conspiring to launder the illicit proceeds of fraudulent activity.
Hotton had been free on bond awaiting sentencing. But prosecutors said he violated the terms of his release, including lying to officials about being fired from a job.
Hotton was ordered jailed until he's sentenced next February. He faces up to 20 years.
A message left with Hotton's attorney wasn't immediately returned.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.