Bail revoked for man who admitted Broadway fraud
CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. (AP) - A judge revoked $3 million bail for a former stockbroker who admitted conning the producers of a failed Broadway production of "Rebecca."
Mark Hotton pleaded guilty in July in separate federal court proceedings in Manhattan and on Long Island.
He admitted scamming Broadway producers of tens of thousands of dollars with promises to raise $4 million to save the ill-fated play. He also pleaded guilty to conspiring to launder the illicit proceeds of fraudulent activity.
Hotton had been free on bond awaiting sentencing. But prosecutors said he violated the terms of his release, including lying to officials about being fired from a job.
Hotton was ordered jailed until he's sentenced next February. He faces up to 20 years.
A message left with Hotton's attorney wasn't immediately returned.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.