Schwarzenegger lauds Austria's environment record
VIENNA (AP) - Arnold Schwarzenegger is praising Austria- and not because it's the country of his birth.
Arriving in Vienna on Wednesday ahead of the launch of his energy and climate change project, Schwarzenegger lauded "all the great things in Austria that are happening regarding climate change."
European Commission President José Manuel Barroso will be joined by Austrian Chancellor Werner Fayman and other Austrian leaders at what organizers describe as the opening meeting of Schwarzenegger's R20 initiative Thursday.
The project is intended to focus on the role of states, regions, cities and provinces in working to achieve U.N. and European Union environmental goals.
Schwarzenegger, an action film star and ex-California governor, is beloved in his native Austria despite weathering some personal scandals, including revelations that he had an extra-marital affair.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Miley struggles in opener, Phillies top D-backs: By The Numbers
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.