Alan Cumming's 1-man 'Macbeth' heads to Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) - Alan Cumming is taking his Macbeth to Broadway- and his Macduff and Duncan and the three witches.
Producers said Friday that the Tony Award winning Scottish actor will bring his one-man "Macbeth to Broadway's Ethel Barrymore Theatre beginning April 7. It will run through June 30.
The production, which comes from the National Theatre of Scotland via the Lincoln Center Festival
The production, led by directors John Tiffany and Andrew Goldberg, originated at the National Theatre of Scotland and made a stop last summer in the Lincoln Center Festival.
In the play, "The Good Wife" actor appears as a patient in a white-tiled mental hospital for whom the plot of "Macbeth" is sort of a schizophrenic nightmare. Two other actors play medical staff, but speak few lines.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?