Final defendant in LA 'Bling Ring' sentenced
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A man who pleaded no contest to stealing from Lindsay Lohan and reality star Audrina Patridge has been sentenced to time already served in jail.
Nicholas Prugo is the final defendant to be sentenced in the "Bling Ring" burglaries case that Los Angeles authorities say targeted celebrities' homes.
District attorney's spokeswoman Jane Robison says Prugo spent a year in custody before being sentenced Monday. He pleaded no contest in March 2012 in exchange for a two-year prison sentence.
Judge Larry Paul Fidler gave Prugo credit for that year plus an additional year's credit because of good behavior.
Authorities say the burglaries that Prugo and five others were involved in netted more than $3 million in jewelry, clothes and art.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.