Reports: Author Kyle fatally shot on gun range
GLEN ROSE, Texas (AP) - A Texas sheriff has told local newspapers that author and former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle has been fatally shot along with another man on a gun range.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram and Stephenville Empire-Tribune report that Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant says the 38-year-old Kyle and a second man were found dead Saturday afternoon at Rough Creek Lodge's shooting range west of Glen Rose.
The Star-Telegram reports that witnesses told sheriff's investigators a gunman opened fire on the men, then fled in a pickup truck belonging to one of the victims. Glen Rose is about an hour southwest of Fort Worth.
The newspapers say a 25-year-old man was later taken into custody in Lancaster, southeast of Dallas. The motive is unclear.
Kyle wrote the best-selling book, "American Sniper."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.