Reports: Author Kyle fatally shot on gun range
GLEN ROSE, Texas (AP) - A Texas sheriff has told local newspapers that author and former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle has been fatally shot along with another man on a gun range.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram and Stephenville Empire-Tribune report that Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant says the 38-year-old Kyle and a second man were found dead Saturday afternoon at Rough Creek Lodge's shooting range west of Glen Rose.
The Star-Telegram reports that witnesses told sheriff's investigators a gunman opened fire on the men, then fled in a pickup truck belonging to one of the victims. Glen Rose is about an hour southwest of Fort Worth.
The newspapers say a 25-year-old man was later taken into custody in Lancaster, southeast of Dallas. The motive is unclear.
Kyle wrote the best-selling book, "American Sniper."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.