Chastain's 'The Heiress' recoups on Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) - The play "The Heiress" ends sadly for almost everyone, but the producers of the Broadway revival starring Jessica Chastain are happy: They'll make their money back.
The show's producers said Monday the production will recoup its $3 million capitalization by the time the show closes on Saturday. By then, "The Heiress" will have played 27 previews and 117 regular performances.
The revival, based on the Henry James novel "Washington Square," also stars Judith Ivey, David Strathairn and Dan Stevens of "Downton Abbey." Moises Kaufman directs.
Chastain is currently riding a popular wave, having earned an Oscar nomination for "Zero Dark Thirty" and seeing her new horror story "Mama" open strong.
Other recent shows to recoup include the Al Pacino-led revival of "Glengarry Glen Ross" and Disney's "Newsies."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.