Free e-book excerpts from Sue Grafton, Amy Tan
NEW YORK (AP) - Upcoming novels by Sue Grafton, Elizabeth Gilbert and Wally Lamb are among 40 fall and winter releases excerpted in a free e-book.
"Buzz Books 2013: Fall/Winter" also previews fiction from Amy Tan and actor James Franco and such nonfiction as a memoir about Johnny Carson by confidant Henry Bushkin and a book about the Beatles' rise by veteran reporter Larry Kane, who frequently interviewed the band in the 1960s.
"Buzz Books 2013" was released Monday by Publishers Lunch, an online industry newsletter. The book can be downloaded on Amazon.com's Kindle, Barnes & Noble's Nook and other digital devices.
"Buzz Books" includes four sections: fiction, debut fiction, nonfiction and young adult fiction.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.