Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 10:05 am
D-backs avoid arbitration with Gerardo Parra, sign OF to one-year deal
The move means the sides avoided arbitration.
Parra, who spent most of last season as the team's fourth outfielder, figures to contend for a starting spot this season following the trade of Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves.
Parra, 25, batted .273 with 7 home runs and 36 RBI in 133 games last season. In 2010 he hit .292 with 8 home runs and 46 RBI, but made his mark on defense by winning a Gold Glove for his play in left field.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.