Broadway stars to help The Performing Arts Project
NEW YORK (AP) - Broadway stars Nick Adams, Ashley Brown, Jessica Rush and Michael James Scott will lend their voices to a benefit production of Jason Robert Brown's "Songs for a New World" this spring.
The four will appear in the one-night-only show on March 11 at XL Cabaret, west of Times Square. Jeff Calhoun will direct.
Adams was in "Priscilla Queen of the Desert," Brown was the perfect nanny in "Mary Poppins," Rush is in "Jersey Boys" and Scott is in "The Book of Mormon."
The evening will benefit The Performing Arts Project, a non-profit that helps prepare the next generation of performers.
"Songs for a New World" made its debut off-Broadway in 1995. Its centerpiece song, "Stars and the Moon" has been recorded by Audra McDonald and Betty Buckley.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.