Geithner memoir to be called 'Stress Test'
NEW YORK (AP) - Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner's (GYT'-nurz) memoir has a title, "Stress Test," and a release date, May 13.
Geithner signed with Crown Publishers last year for a book about his handling of the financial crisis while in the Obama administration and, before that, at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
The title was announced Tuesday by Crown. It refers to the reviews that financial institutions undergo to determine how they would cope with economic adversity.
The 52-year-old Geithner headed the Treasury throughout President Barack Obama's first term and stepped down in early 2013. Next week, he will join the private equity firm Warburg Pincus as president and managing director.
Crown is an imprint of Penguin Random House.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.