Geithner memoir to be called 'Stress Test'
NEW YORK (AP) - Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner's (GYT'-nurz) memoir has a title, "Stress Test," and a release date, May 13.
Geithner signed with Crown Publishers last year for a book about his handling of the financial crisis while in the Obama administration and, before that, at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
The title was announced Tuesday by Crown. It refers to the reviews that financial institutions undergo to determine how they would cope with economic adversity.
The 52-year-old Geithner headed the Treasury throughout President Barack Obama's first term and stepped down in early 2013. Next week, he will join the private equity firm Warburg Pincus as president and managing director.
Crown is an imprint of Penguin Random House.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.