Flacco makes Fashion Week debut at Tommy Hilfiger
NEW YORK (AP) - Joe Flacco is soaking up all the opportunities that come with being a Super Bowl champ, including nabbing a front row seat at New York Fashion Week.
The Baltimore Ravens quarterback and his wife, Dana Grady, had prime real-estate for Tommy Hilfiger's ever-preppy menswear collection Friday at the Park Avenue Armory.
"It was pretty cool. It was a lot quicker than I thought it would have been," said Flacco after watching his first fashion show.
As a brutal Nor'easter raged outside, the Hilfiger men on the runway bundled up in hefty coats with plush fur collars, cozy argyle sweaters and patterned turtlenecks.
If there's one takeaway from the fall collection: Houndstooth is a man's best friend.
It came down the runway in subtle waves- just peeking out from the lining of a coat or scarf- and in bold explosions, including a head-to-toe ensemble of houndstooth trousers and trench. Hilfiger also mixed and matched his pattern du jour with plaids and argyle.
Flacco, who led the Ravens in a 34-31 victory against the San Francisco 49ers at the Super Bowl in New Orleans, gave a nod of approval as a model passed by in a fitted navy blazer, layered under a dark, shearling car coat.
So what would his teammates say about his fashion week cameo?
"You know they'd probably pick on me a little bit, but it was a lot of fun," said Flacco.
Follow Nicole Evatt on Twitter at http://twitter.com/NicoleEvatt
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.