'Pump Boys and Dinettes' revival postpones opening
NEW YORK (AP) - The Broadway revival of the honkey-tonk musical revue "Pump Boys and Dinettes" has taken a detour.
Producers said the show slated for the spring at Circle in the Square Theatre has been postponed and no new dates have been offered.
Says producer Abby Lee: "We are in the process of determining the updated production schedule and look forward to sharing this wonderful musical with Broadway audiences in the near future."
The play tells the story of two waitresses at the Double Cupp Diner on Highway 57 in North Carolina and the four men who work at a gas station next door. The songs include "Be Good or Be Gone" and "Tips."
The revival was to star "American Idol" runner-up Bo Bice.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.