Ticketmaster allows fans to send tickets digitally
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Ticketmaster will now allow fans to transfer tickets to friends or family digitally at no extra charge.
That could save the hassle of exiting an arena to meet up with members of your party when they show up late. The technology works with paper tickets and those printed at home, too.
Ticketmaster said Tuesday that ticket buyers must sign into their accounts on the Web at Ticketmaster.com and email the tickets to recipients. A barcode on the original ticket is cancelled and a new one is issued.
The recipient will have to sign into their "My Ticketmaster" account or create an account if they don't have one.
The company says it will incorporate the technology into its mobile app this spring ahead of the summer concert season.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs GM: Shortstop position still up for grabs
- A little from Trevor Cahill would mean a lot for the D-backs
- Could injuries force Archie Bradley into the starting rotation?
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill leaves early with knee injury vs. Cleveland
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Jeff Passan, senior baseball columnist Yahoo! Sports - Wednesday March 12Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports previews the 2014 Diamondbacks season.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 12Will Archie Bradley make the starting rotation?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.