NYC school cancels workshop by John Galliano
NEW YORK (AP) - Parsons The New School of Design in New York City has canceled a four-day workshop by the controversial fashion designer John Galliano.
Galliano was creative director at Christian Dior when he was fired in 2011 for an anti-Semitic rant. He's currently involved in a lawsuit against his former employer.
The school said in a statement that his appearance was to include "a candid discussion about the connection between his professional work and his actions in the world at large." It said it canceled the workshop after the two sides couldn't reach consensus on the conditions of the conversation.
A spokesman for Galliano didn't immediately return a request for comment Wednesday.
Earlier this year, the designer began a temporary artist residency at the studio of Oscar de la Renta in New York.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.