Miss America pageant underway in Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey (AP) - The 2014 Miss America pageant is underway in Atlantic City- the place where it all began in 1921.
The nationally televised pageant is back in Boardwalk Hall, and judges Sunday night will choose a winner to succeed the current title-holder Mallory Hagan.
Her reign is being cut short because the pageant left Las Vegas, where it had been held the past six years and where a winner was selected each January.
The pageant pits 53 contestants- one from each state, plus the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands- in swimsuit, evening gown, talent and interview competitions.
The winner will be crowned around 11 p.m. (0300 GMT Monday)
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.