Miss America pageant underway in Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey (AP) - The 2014 Miss America pageant is underway in Atlantic City- the place where it all began in 1921.
The nationally televised pageant is back in Boardwalk Hall, and judges Sunday night will choose a winner to succeed the current title-holder Mallory Hagan.
Her reign is being cut short because the pageant left Las Vegas, where it had been held the past six years and where a winner was selected each January.
The pageant pits 53 contestants- one from each state, plus the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands- in swimsuit, evening gown, talent and interview competitions.
The winner will be crowned around 11 p.m. (0300 GMT Monday)
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?