Miss America pageant underway in Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey (AP) - The 2014 Miss America pageant is underway in Atlantic City- the place where it all began in 1921.
The nationally televised pageant is back in Boardwalk Hall, and judges Sunday night will choose a winner to succeed the current title-holder Mallory Hagan.
Her reign is being cut short because the pageant left Las Vegas, where it had been held the past six years and where a winner was selected each January.
The pageant pits 53 contestants- one from each state, plus the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands- in swimsuit, evening gown, talent and interview competitions.
The winner will be crowned around 11 p.m. (0300 GMT Monday)
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.