Long-married couples share their secrets to love
NEW YORK (AP) - Couples who've been married longer than 50 years and organizers of a Valentine's Day champagne party for them in Brooklyn share tips for staying together.
Murray and Esther Redlitz, married 66 years
"You've got to know each other for a while and then compromise," says Murray. "Think what the other thinks. Don't be selfish."
David and Faina Shamrakov, married 58 years
"We have the same interests- we worked together, we both like to read books, we go to the library, the cinema, the theater," says Faina. "We do everything together."
Fortuno and Maddalena Corso, married 72 years
"You don't go to bed mad," says the couple's daughter, Madeline Corso, recalling her father's advice. "That's what he believes in."
Marty and Jamie Markowitz, organizers of the party, married 13 years
"Here's the secret: Happy wife, happy life. It's as simple as that. That's it," says Marty. "There's nothing more. ... It's as simple as that. It makes your life so much better if they're happy."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.