`What to Expect' daughter Emma Bing gives birth
NEW YORK (AP) - Emma Bing, the inspiration for the pregnancy bible "What to Expect When You're Expecting," has given birth in Los Angeles to a boy.
Lennox Page Ali, whose father is musician Russell Ali, was born Tuesday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, weighing in at 5 pounds, 15 ounces, family spokeswoman Heidi Schaeffer said.
"Mother and child are doing very well and grandparents Heidi and Erik Murkoff are ecstatic," gushed Schaeffer.
Heidi Murkoff was pregnant with Emma when she wrote the proposal for her book, which sparked a franchise of pregnancy and parenting manuals. "What to Expect" has more than 17 million copies in print.
Bing has been blogging her pregnancy experiences, along with fashion and beauty advice, for her fellow millennial moms on Whattoexpect.com.
Follow Leanne Italie on Twitter at http://twitter.com/litalie
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.