Linda Lavin sings at pulmonary fibrosis benefit
NEW YORK (AP) - Tony Award winners Linda Lavin and Debbie Gravitte teamed up to sing "You've Got Possibilities" and "Mr. Monotony" during the third annual concert to benefit the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation.
The event Monday at Birdland Jazz Club also featured Emily Bergl, Robert Creighton, Max von Essen, Klea Blackhurst, Emma Hunton and Edward Watts. Actress Julie Halston served as host.
The event raised almost $70,000, which will benefit the foundation's The Michael Kuchwara Fund for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Research, Education and Advocacy. Kuchwara was The Associated Press' longtime theater critic who died in 2010 from complications due to idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is a lung disease that causes scarring and affects between 132,000-200,000 people in the United States.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?