Linda Lavin sings at pulmonary fibrosis benefit
NEW YORK (AP) - Tony Award winners Linda Lavin and Debbie Gravitte teamed up to sing "You've Got Possibilities" and "Mr. Monotony" during the third annual concert to benefit the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation.
The event Monday at Birdland Jazz Club also featured Emily Bergl, Robert Creighton, Max von Essen, Klea Blackhurst, Emma Hunton and Edward Watts. Actress Julie Halston served as host.
The event raised almost $70,000, which will benefit the foundation's The Michael Kuchwara Fund for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Research, Education and Advocacy. Kuchwara was The Associated Press' longtime theater critic who died in 2010 from complications due to idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is a lung disease that causes scarring and affects between 132,000-200,000 people in the United States.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.