Ramin Karimloo, Will Swenson cast in 'Les Miz'
NEW YORK (AP) - The upcoming Broadway cast of "Les Miserables" is anything but miserable- veteran theater actors Ramin Karimloo, Will Swenson, Nikki M. James and Caissie Levy are all on board.
Producers announced Tuesday that "The Phantom of the Opera" veteran Karimloo was cast as Jean Valjean, "Hair" star Swenson as Javert, "Ghost" star Levy as Fantine and "The Book of Mormon" star James as Eponine.
The re-imagined story will begin previews March 1 at the Imperial Theatre. Additional casting, including the roles of Marius and Cosette, will be announced later.
The show marks the third time the show has made it to Broadway.
The Oscar-nominated big screen adaptation directed by Tom Hooper starred Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway.
Follow Mark Kennedy on Twitter at http://twitter.com/KennedyTwits
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.