Updated Feb 20, 2013 - 11:57 am
D-backs first three starters: Skaggs, Corbin and Delgado
As of now there appears to be no favorite between the three. Skaggs is the more highly-touted and Delgado the most experienced, but Corbin pitched well in 17 starts for the D-backs last season.
"You're looking at the total package," Gibson said Wednesday. "It' just not them throwing the ball, though that's the most important part of it, but they still need to be able to do all the other things."
Gibson did acknowledge that the pitchers' respective Cactus League performances will play a part in his decision, but other factors will be considered.
"The thing about spring training is you've got to watch how much it influences you," Gibson said. "Some guys will have great springs but the experience part and what they did last year certainly will factor in as well.
"It's a different game when the regular season starts, no question about it."
The Diamondbacks will open their spring slate Saturday against the Colorado Rockies at Salt River Fields in Scottsdale at 1:10 p.m.
- D-backs go 3-4 on road trip, prepare for homestand vs. Phillies, Rockies
- D-backs' Mike Bolsinger shines in series finale at Wrigley: By The Numbers
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, D-backs top Cubs
- D-backs place outfielder Mark Trumbo on 15-day D.L.
- Diamondbacks' Mark Trumbo out indefinitely with stress fracture in foot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.