Updated Feb 20, 2013 - 11:57 am
D-backs first three starters: Skaggs, Corbin and Delgado
As of now there appears to be no favorite between the three. Skaggs is the more highly-touted and Delgado the most experienced, but Corbin pitched well in 17 starts for the D-backs last season.
"You're looking at the total package," Gibson said Wednesday. "It' just not them throwing the ball, though that's the most important part of it, but they still need to be able to do all the other things."
Gibson did acknowledge that the pitchers' respective Cactus League performances will play a part in his decision, but other factors will be considered.
"The thing about spring training is you've got to watch how much it influences you," Gibson said. "Some guys will have great springs but the experience part and what they did last year certainly will factor in as well.
"It's a different game when the regular season starts, no question about it."
The Diamondbacks will open their spring slate Saturday against the Colorado Rockies at Salt River Fields in Scottsdale at 1:10 p.m.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.