Shia LaBeouf pulls out of Broadway debut
NEW YORK (AP) - Shia LaBeouf is pulling the plug on his Broadway debut.
The star of the "Transformers" franchise had been slated to appear opposite Alec Baldwin in "Orphans" but producers said Wednesday that LaBeouf would not be continuing "due to creative differences."
The play by Lyle Kessler, which premiered in 1983, tells the story of two orphaned brothers living in a decrepit Philadelphia row house who decide to kidnap a wealthy man. LaBeouf played one brother and Baldwin the target.
"Orphans" opens March 19 at the Schoenfeld Theatre, directed by Daniel Sullivan. Producers said an announcement on LaBeouf's replacement would be made soon.
LaBeouf, whose films include "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" and "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps," was most recently seen in John Hillcoat's crime drama "Lawless."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.