Shia LaBeouf pulls out of Broadway debut
NEW YORK (AP) - Shia LaBeouf is pulling the plug on his Broadway debut.
The star of the "Transformers" franchise had been slated to appear opposite Alec Baldwin in "Orphans" but producers said Wednesday that LaBeouf would not be continuing "due to creative differences."
The play by Lyle Kessler, which premiered in 1983, tells the story of two orphaned brothers living in a decrepit Philadelphia row house who decide to kidnap a wealthy man. LaBeouf played one brother and Baldwin the target.
"Orphans" opens March 19 at the Schoenfeld Theatre, directed by Daniel Sullivan. Producers said an announcement on LaBeouf's replacement would be made soon.
LaBeouf, whose films include "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" and "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps," was most recently seen in John Hillcoat's crime drama "Lawless."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?