Banksy graffiti will go back up for sale in London
LONDON (AP) - An artwork by secretive graffiti artist Banksy that sparked controversy when it disappeared from the side of a north London store has been put up for sale in the U.K., months after it was yanked from the block in Miami.
The stencil of a young boy sewing Union Jack bunting vanished in February, upsetting art lovers in the gritty Turnpike Lane area. It reappeared on the website of Miami's Fine Art Auctions with an estimated price of $500,000 to $700,000, but was later withdrawn from sale without a reason.
The Sincura Group auctioneers say the "Slave Labour" mural has been "sensitively restored" and will go on sale at the London Film Museum on June 2.
Local officials said Saturday they will campaign to have the mural returned to north London.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.