Author and illustrator create Sandy Hook tribute
NEW YORK (AP) - The author of the children's classic "Sarah, Plain and Tall" is teaming up with an acclaimed illustrator for a tribute to the victims of the Sandy Hook school shootings.
Random House Children's Books announced Monday that it will publish the picture story "Snowflakes Fall," by Newbery Medal winner Patricia MacLachlan and her longtime friend and former Newtown, Conn., resident, Steven Kellogg. The book comes out Nov. 12 and will feature words and images about the Connecticut community where a gunman killed 20 elementary school students and six faculty members. The publisher will donate a portion of proceeds to an organization that helps the Sandy Hook community.
MacLachlan won the Newbery, given to the writer of the year's best children's book, in 1986 for "Sarah, Plain and Tall."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.