Updated Feb 25, 2013 - 5:56 pm
Diamondbacks make mistakes in loss to Royals
Pitcher Randall Delgado made his debut for Arizona, lasting one inning and giving up six hits and five runs, with four of those runs earned. Delgado and manager Kirk Gibson both said the pitcher's command was off, but neither seemed concerned with it at this point.
The D-backs also recorded two errors Monday against Kansas City, and veteran Willie Bloomquist misplayed a ball in left field.
"You're going to make errors at this point. You don't want to make them," said Gibson. "We brought a real young crew over here, all of our pitchers are real young. We talk about the things that happen and we try to correct them."
The Diamondbacks are now 1-2 on the spring season and have scored 14 runs in three games while allowing 33.
Up next the D-backs will split their squad Tuesday with one group hosting the Oakland A's at Salt River Fields 1:10 p.m. The other group will head to Tempe to play the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at 1:05. Josh Collmenter will get the start against the A's and lefty David Holmberg will be on the mound against the Angels.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 620
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.